If you see the loc error on your Whirlpool washer display, it means the control lock feature is activated. To resolve the issue, press and hold the options and select buttons for three seconds to unlock the controls.
Whirlpool washers are a convenient and efficient way to do laundry. However, sometimes errors occur, and one of the most common is the loc error. When this error appears, it means the washer’s control lock feature is activated, preventing any other buttons from being pressed.
This can happen when a button is accidentally pressed or when the washer has a glitch. If you’re experiencing this issue, don’t worry – it can be easily resolved by pressing and holding the options and select buttons for three seconds. This will unlock the controls and allow you to use the washer as normal.
What Is Loc Error, And Why Does It Appear?
Whirlpool washers are a popular choice among homeowners, thanks to their efficiency and quiet operation. However, like all appliances, they are not immune to experiencing occasional problems. One common issue that Whirlpool washer owners may experience is the loc error.
In this blog post, we’ll take a closer look at the loc error, its definition, common causes, and possible solutions.
Definition Of Loc Error
The loc error on a whirlpool washer stands for ‘control lock. ‘ It appears when the control panel buttons are pressed, and the washer control lock feature is enabled. The loc error typically occurs when you accidentally activate the control lock button while cleaning the control panel.
Common Causes Of Loc Error
Several reasons can cause the loc error on a Whirlpool washer. Below are some common causes that you should be aware of:
- Control lock feature: If the control panel’s control lock feature is on, pressing any button will result in the loc error.
- Accidental pressing: Accidentally pushing the control lock button while using the washer or cleaning the control panel can cause a loc error.
- Electrical glitch: Sometimes there may be an electrical glitch, resulting in the washer indicating the loc error.
- Wiring issues: Loose wiring connections in the control panel can also cause the loc error to appear.
- Malfunctioning control board: A malfunctioning control board could initiate the loc error.
How To Solve Loc Error
If you are experiencing the loc error on your Whirlpool washer, don’t worry; it is relatively easy to fix. Here are some possible solutions:
- To disable the control lock feature, locate the control lock button on the control panel, press and hold it for three seconds, and the loc error message should disappear.
- If the control lock feature is not on, try unplugging the washer from the wall socket for a few minutes and plugging it back in. This process helps to reset the washer’s electrical system, and the loc error message should disappear.
- Check the wiring connections on the control panel and ensure that they are firmly connected. Loose wiring connections can cause the loc error message to appear.
- If none of the above solutions work, you may need to call a certified Whirlpool technician to diagnose and repair any malfunctions in the control board.
The loc error on a Whirlpool washer can be an inconvenience, but it is relatively easy to fix. The error usually occurs when the control lock feature is accidentally activated, or there is an electrical glitch or faulty wiring connections.
Follow the above solutions to fix the loc error, and if none of them work, call a qualified technician for assistance.
Easy Diy Fixes For Troubleshooting Whirlpool Washer Loc Error
Whirlpool washers are top-rated appliances for their performance and durability. However, if you encounter an error code on the display panel, it can be frustrating. One such error code is the loc error, which means the control lock is enabled.
This error prevents any function of the washer until you perform the troubleshooting steps or remove the lock. This blog post will guide you through the easy DIY fixes for troubleshooting the Whirlpool washer loc error.
Check The Control Panel Display
The first thing to do when you encounter the loc error code on your Whirlpool washer is to check the control panel display. Here are the steps:
- Look for the “control lock” or “control locked” light on the control panel display.
- Press and hold the “control lock” or “control locked” button for three seconds.
- Wait for the “control lock” or “control locked” light to turn off.
- Try to run the washer cycle again.
Proper Loading Of Washer
Improper loading of the washer can also trigger a load error on your Whirlpool washer. Here are some tips for proper loading:
- Balance the load by distributing clothes evenly in the drum.
- Do not overload the washer beyond the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Remove any obstructing objects from the washer drum.
Check The Door Lock Mechanism
The door lock mechanism is responsible for securing the washer door during operation. A faulty or damaged door lock can trigger a latch error on your Whirlpool washer. Here are the steps for checking the door lock mechanism:
- Verify that the door is securely closed.
- Inspect the door lock for debris, damage, or wear.
- Replace the door lock if needed.
Check The Water Supply
Your Whirlpool washer requires a proper water supply to function correctly. A malfunctioning water supply can trigger a
Loc an error on your washer. Here are the steps for checking the water supply:
- Check the water supply valves and ensure they are open.
- Ensure the water supply hose is not kinked, pinched, or damaged.
- Verify that the water pressure is adequate.
Reset The Washer Control Board
If the above troubleshooting steps fail to resolve the loc error on your Whirlpool washer, you might need to reset the washer control board. Here are the steps:
- Unplug the washer from the power outlet.
- Wait for 30 seconds.
- Plug the washer back into the power outlet.
- Turn on the washer and try running the cycle again.
Encountering a loc error on your Whirlpool washer can be frustrating, but following these easy DIY fixes can resolve the issue. Remember to check the control panel display, properly load the washer, check the door lock mechanism, inspect the water supply, and reset the washer control board.
By following these troubleshooting steps, you can avoid calling a technician and save money and time.
Advanced Fixes For Troubleshooting Whirlpool Washer Loc Error
Whirlpool washers are known for their seamless operations and high efficiency. However, you may encounter certain error codes while using the machine, including the Whirlpool washer loc error. This error indicates that the machine’s door lock is not functioning correctly, and the washer will not commence its cycle.
In this section, we will explore the advanced fixes for troubleshooting the Whirlpool washer loc error.
Replacing The Door Lock Mechanism
One of the primary reasons for the loc error in a Whirlpool washer is a damaged or faulty door lock mechanism. In such cases, you may choose to replace the mechanism with a new one. Here are a few points to keep in mind before attempting this fix:
- Always turn off the washer and unplug the power cord before starting the repair to ensure your safety.
- Take a photograph or video of the door lock mechanism’s current placement before removing it completely.
- Ensure that you have a compatible door lock mechanism that matches the washer’s make and model.
Replacing The Control Board
The control board is the brain of the washing machine, and if it faces any problem, it can cause multiple error codes, including the loc error. If the door lock mechanism seems to be working fine, you may check the control board for any faults.
Follow these points to replace the control board:
- Always turn off the washer and unplug its power cord before proceeding with the repair.
- Like the previous fix, make sure you capture an image of the control board’s current placement before removing it.
The loc error can be a nuisance when trying to wash your clothes but it is relatively easy to fix once you understand the cause. By replacing the door lock mechanism or control board, you can troubleshoot the Whirlpool washer Loc error.
Remember to take precautionary measures while attempting these advanced fixes and ensure that you have compatible replacement parts.
Hiring A Professional Technician For Troubleshooting Whirlpool Washer Loc Error
Whirlpool Washer Loc Error: Hiring A Professional Technician For Troubleshooting
Are you facing issues with your Whirlpool washer displaying an error code of “loc”? This code indicates that your washer is in child lock mode, and it can’t be operated until the control is unlocked. So, what should you do next?
Should you try handling the problem by yourself, or should you hire a professional technician? In this section, we will discuss everything you need to know about hiring a technician to troubleshoot your Whirlpool washer error code “loc”.
When To Hire A Professional Technician
Knowing when to hire a professional technician can help you save time and money in the long run. Here are some situations in which hiring a professional technician becomes the need of the hour:
- If you have tried all the basic troubleshooting steps and the error code “loc” keeps flashing on your screen, then it’s time to call a professional technician.
- If you don’t have any prior experience with washing machines’ technical aspects, try not to handle the problem yourself, as it can lead to more significant issues.
- If you’re short on time and want the issue to be resolved quickly, then hiring a professional technician is the best decision.
Tips For Choosing A Reliable Technician
Choosing a reliable technician can be a daunting task, as many options are available in the market. Here are some tips to help you choose the right technician for the job:
- Check if the technician is certified and has the necessary experience to handle Whirlpool washers.
- Go through their website and check for reviews from previous customers.
- Check for the warranty offered for the repairs.
- Compare the pricing with other technicians in your area.
Steps To Follow When Hiring A Professional Technician
Hiring a professional technician can be stress-free if you follow these steps:
- Search for Whirlpool-certified technicians in your area.
- Contact them and explain your issue in detail.
- Ask for a quote and compare pricing with other professionals.
- Choose the technician that best fits your requirements.
- Confirm their availability and schedule a visit.
- Be there during the repair process so that you can understand the issue and the repair process.
Hiring a professional technician can be beneficial if you’re facing issues with your Whirlpool washer displaying the error code “loc”. It’s important to choose a reliable technician and follow the steps mentioned above to ensure that the repair process is stress-free and quick.
Safety Precautions To Take When Troubleshooting Whirlpool Washer Loc Error
Whirlpool Washer Loc Error: Safety Precautions To Take When Troubleshooting
When your whirlpool washer displays a loc error message, it means “controls are locked. ” This error can occur due to a faulty control board or because the washer was accidentally locked. Here are some safety precautions to take when troubleshooting the Whirlpool washer loc error.
Unplug The Washer From The Power Source
Before you start troubleshooting your washer, turn off the power supply and unplug the washer from the power source. This is to prevent accidental electrocution or harm to the washer by the power supply. Ensure that the washer is not wet when unplugging it.
*Turn off the power supply.
*Unplug the washer from the power source.
*Check for any visible physical damage before proceeding.
Use Protective Gear And Clothing
During troubleshooting, it is vital to ensure your safety. Wear protective gear such as safety gloves, goggles, and rubber-soled shoes to avoid injuries. You may also wear old clothes since you’re likely to get messy when troubleshooting.
*Wear safety gloves and goggles to avoid injuries.
*Wear rubber-soled shoes for insulation and good grip.
*wear old clothes to avoid dirtying your new clothes.
Follow the manufacturer’s Instructions
When troubleshooting a washer, always follow the manufacturer’s instructions to a tee. This is because using the wrong procedures may result in additional damage to the appliance or even cause harm to you.
*Read the manufacturer’s instruction manual before proceeding.
*Follow the troubleshooting section indicated in the manual.
*If you cannot understand the troubleshooting process, call a certified technician.
When dealing with the loc error in your Whirlpool washer, follow the above safety precautions to avoid accidents and maximize the chances of resolving the problem. Remember to always keep the washer unplugged when not in use and to handle it as delicately as possible.
How To Maintain Your Whirlpool Washer To Avoid Loc Errors
Whirlpool washer loc errors can be quite frustrating and disrupt your laundry routine. Loc appears on the display when you forget to lock the washer before starting a cycle. It can also appear when the washer is overloaded or due to a power surge.
Fortunately, you can prevent this error from occurring again by taking some preventive measures. In this blog post, we’ll take a closer look at how you can maintain your Whirlpool washer to avoid loc errors.
Keeping your washer clean is essential to its smooth operation. Over time, dirt, detergent residue, and fabric softener buildup can accumulate on various parts of the washer.
To effectively clean your washing machine, you can follow these simple steps:
- Use a damp cloth to wipe down the washer’s exterior.
- Mix 1/4 cup of baking soda with 1/4 cup of water and pour it into the detergent dispenser. Then, add two cups of white vinegar to the drum and run a hot water cycle. This will help dissolve any buildup on the drum and remove odors.
- After the cycle completes, wipe down the drum, door, and rubber gasket with a cloth to remove any remaining residue.
Proper Loading Of Washer
Loading your washer correctly is key to avoiding load errors. Overloading the washer can trigger this error and also damage your clothes.
Here are some tips for loading your washing machine:
- Make sure you evenly distribute the clothes around the drum.
- Only fill the drum up to 3/4 of its capacity to avoid overloading.
- Avoid washing heavy items like blankets or comforters unless your washer is designed to handle them.
Regular Maintenance And Checkup
Regular maintenance and checkups can prevent whirlpools washer loc errors and increase the lifespan of your washing machine. You can follow these simple steps to maintain your washer:
- Check and clean the filter regularly to remove any dirt or debris.
- Inspect the hoses for any signs of wear and tear. Replace if necessary.
- Run a cleaning cycle every three to six months to prevent dirt buildup.
Other Preventive Measures To Take
Aside from the previous points, you can also take other preventive measures to avoid Whirlpool washer loc errors. Here are a few that you can follow:
- Always make sure that you lock the washer before starting a cycle.
- Avoid power surges by turning off the washer after use and unplugging it from the power source.
- If you get a loc error, try resetting the washer by unplugging it for a few minutes before plugging it back in.
By following these tips, you can maintain your Whirlpool washer to avoid loc errors. Regular cleaning, proper loading, and regular maintenance can save you from the hassle of dealing with this error and extend the lifespan of your washer.
How To Know When It’s Time To Replace Your Whirlpool Washer
Whirlpool washers are known for their durability. But just like anything else, continuous use can cause wear and tear, which can lead to your washer breaking down. A common error in these washers is the loc error, which indicates that the door is locked.
However, if you’re experiencing this error, it may be a sign that it’s time to replace your washer. In this post, we’ll discuss the signs of wear and tear, the lifespan of your washer, the cost of repair vs. buying a new washer, and some tips for choosing a new washer.
Signs Of Wear And Tear
Washers are commonly used appliances, which means they are prone to wear and tear. Here are some signs that your Whirlpool washer may be reaching the end of its lifespan and needs replacement:
- The washer is over 10 years old.
- You’re hearing strange noises during the washer cycle.
- The washer drum is no longer rotating.
- The washer is leaking water.
- The washer is vibrating excessively.
- The washer takes too long to complete a cycle.
Lifespan Of Your Washer
The lifespan of a washer depends on various factors, such as usage, maintenance, and model type. On average, a Whirlpool washer can last between 10 to 15 years. However, some models can last up to 20 years.
Cost Of Repair vs. Buying a New Washer
If your Whirlpool washer is experiencing a loc error, it’s important to consider the cost of repair and the cost of buying a new washer. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Repair costs can vary depending on the issue, but they can range from $200 to $500.
- If your washer is over 10 years old and experiencing multiple issues, it may be more cost-effective to buy a new one.
- Buying a new washer can range from $400 to $1200, depending on the model and features.
Tips For Choosing A New Washer
If you’ve decided it’s time to invest in a new Whirlpool washer, here are some tips to help you make the right choice:
- Determine your budget beforehand.
- Consider the size of the drum and the capacity you need.
- Look for energy-efficient models, as they can save you money in the long run.
- Consider extra features, such as steam cleaning or a delayed start timer.
- Read reviews and ask for recommendations from friends and family.
If you’re experiencing the loc error in your Whirlpool washer, it may be a sign that it’s time to replace it. Consider the signs of wear and tear, the lifespan of your washer, and the cost of repair and buying a new washer before making the final decision.
And if you do decide to invest in a new washer, be sure to follow the tips mentioned above to make the right choice.
Frequently Asked Questions On Whirlpool Washer Loc Error
What Does The Loc Error Mean On A Whirlpool Washer?
The “loc” error on a Whirlpool washer means that the controls are locked. This can happen accidentally or intentionally by pressing and holding a certain button. This is a safety feature to prevent tampering, and can easily be unlocked by holding the same button for a few seconds.
How Do I Unlock The Controls On My Whirlpool Washer?
To unlock the controls on your Whirlpool washer, locate the button with a lock symbol underneath it. Hold this button down for several seconds until the “loc” error code disappears. This will unlock your washer’s controls, and you may resume use.
Why Is My Whirlpool Washer Stuck On The Loc Error Code?
If your Whirlpool washer is stuck on the “loc” error code, it may be due to a malfunctioning control board or a faulty button. Try unplugging the washer for several minutes and then plugging it back in to reset the control board.
If the issue persists, seek professional repair assistance.
What Other Error Codes Can Whirlpool Washers Display?
Whirlpool washers can display a variety of error codes, including f1, f2, f3, f5, and more. These codes can indicate a variety of issues, from a malfunctioning sensor to a clogged drain. Consult your user manual or contact a professional technician for assistance.
Can I Prevent Whirlpool Washer Error Codes From Occurring?
While some error codes on your Whirlpool washer may be unavoidable, there are steps you can take to minimize the risk. Regular maintenance, such as cleaning the lint trap and checking for loose wires, can help prevent some issues. Additionally, using your washer according to manufacturer guidelines can help prevent wear and tear on the machine.
After reading this article, you now have a better understanding of the loc error on your Whirlpool washer and how to troubleshoot it. Remember to always unplug your washer before making any repairs or attempting to reset the control panel.
If none of the solutions mentioned here work, it may be time to call a professional to ensure your washer is operating correctly. Staying on top of your washer’s maintenance and addressing any issues quickly will not only save you money in the long run but also help extend the life of your appliance.
With these tips, you can get back to enjoying clean clothes without the frustration of dealing with a loc error on your Whirlpool washer.